Second Workshop on Quantum Computing and Communication
in conjunction with
15th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
PARALLEL PROCESSING AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS
September 8-11, 2024, Ostrava, Czech Republic
it is a one-day workshop to be held at the PPAM 2022 focusing on two relevant quantum technology areas: quantum computation and communication. The main goal of this workshop is to bring together scientists and practitioners experimenting with both software and hardware quantum facilities, quantum processors and quantum communication testbeds in the NISQ and upcoming quantum operational advantage era. This workshop is also an opportunity to catch up on how in practice take advantage of quantum computing and communication technologies in both theory and practice.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Gate-based Quantum Computing, Quantum Annealing and Optical Quantum Computing
- Quantum near-future applications and calculations
- Quantum machine learning and quantum optimization approaches
- Domain and industry driven quantum technology use cases
- Quantum software and application development tools
- Hybrid HPC+QC or HPQC applications and runtimes
- Performance analysis of quantum simulations on NISQ devices and simulators
- Strategies for error mitigation and fault-tolerant quantum computations
- Quantum communication experiences, services and applications
- Designing and architecting quantum key distribution communication
Paper Submission and Publication:
All rules of paper submission of the PPAM conference apply, in particular:
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the Workshop topics.
- Papers presented at the Workshop will be included into the conference proceedings and published after the conference by Springer in the LNCS series.
- Before the Workshop, abstracts of accepted papers will be posted on this site.
- Authors should submit papers (PDF files) using the online submission tool.
- Papers are not to exceed 12 pages (LNCS style)
Final camera-ready versions of accepted papers will be required by November 2, 2024
Alternatively, abstracts delivering original works are invited to be presented at the Workshop. They should be prepared according to the Springer LNCS format on 2 pages. Accepted abstracts will be posted on the workshop site before the conference.
- Extended paper deadline May 15, 2024
- Notification of acceptance: June 30, 2024
- Conference: September September 8-11, 2024
Eleni Diamanti Sorbonne University, France
Branislav Jansík IT4Innovations national supercomputing center, Czech Republik
Jarek Nabrzyski University of Notre Dame, USA
Michał Oszmaniec Center for Theoretical Physics PAS, Poland
Andreas Poppe Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
Katarzyna Rycerz AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
Hugo Zbinden Université de Genève, Switzerland